Does Costco accept Apple Pay? – Get The Appropriate Information
Does Costco take apple pay?
Well, unlike Walmart, which does not accept Apple Pay, Costco does accept Apple Pay.
However, there still may be some exceptions. There are some Costco stores without an NFC reader.
If you are at the Costco store and don’t see the Apple Pay payment terminal while checking out, then it can be due to two reasons –
- This Costco store does not accept Apple Pay.
- Alternatively, it is in the process of installing one.
However, there is other major information regarding Costco’s credit card compatibilities that you need to know.
So, if you are curious to know about the same, go through this article. Here, I have answered your question: “does Costco accept Apple Pay?”
Does Costco Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Costco does accept Apple Pay for customers’ checkouts. However, customers should know that they only authorize Visa Card holders to process Payments using Apple Pay in the US.
But, if you are from Canada, you can expect them to accept major credit card companies. But, if you are planning to use Apple Pay in the USA for paying at Costco, then you need to use a Visa credit card as your default payment method.
Otherwise, you will see your transactions fail from time to time. Since Costco only accepts Visa as their default payment card for Apple Pay, you cannot expect to use other credit cards for Apple Pay payment at Costco in the US.
You can also use other Debit cards with a PIN to fulfill your transaction. Smartphone users can also choose to Pay through other online payment processing platforms as well.
There are Google Pay or Samsung Pay for Android users as well. Both of these platforms also work analogous to Apple Pay. These applications use a wallet where you have to sync your bank or credit card to process payment.
How Do You Use Apple-Pay At Costco?
You do not need to be tech-savvy to use Apple Pay at Costco. Also, in Costco, it is even easier to use Apple Pay than it is in other grocery retail stores. Here are the simple steps you need to follow to complete the payment at Costco using Apple Pay –
- First, go to the checkout lane at Costco.
- Now let the cashier know that you will use Apple Pay to complete checkout.
- Now bring the iPhone closer to the Near Field Communication reader and complete your payment.
It is straightforward and straightforward to pay at Costco using Apple Pay. However, the process you need to follow might change depending on where you are making a payment (Store, through the app, or online).
But if you are having any difficulty, you can contact Apple support for help.
How To Use Apple Pay At Costco Clubs?
If you are making purchases at Costco clubs and need to use Apple Pay to make your payments, then follow the step-by-step guide below –
Use Apple-Pay With Apple Face ID
- Click Twice on the side button to make payment using your default card.
- Authenticate your payment using Face ID or your Password.
- Bring your iPhone close to the NFC until a check mark appears on the screen.
Once you have followed these steps, you will be able to use Face ID with Apple Pay to check out at Costco.
Use Apple-Pay With Apple Touch ID
If you are planning to use Touch ID for processing payments using Apple Pay at Costco, then these are the steps you need to follow –
- First, put your fingertip on the Touch ID at Apple Pay.
- Now you can hold the phone close to the NFC until a check-mark appears.
Once you follow these steps, you will be able to complete your payment through Apple Pay at Costco.
Use Apple-Pay With Apple Pay Watch
If you want to use Apple Pay with Apple Pay Watch, then here are the simple steps you must follow –
- Double-click on the side button.
- Hold the Apple Watch close to the display while facing the reader.
- Once the transaction completes, you will feel a little buzzing effect on the watch when the payment is made.
How To Use Apple-Pay For Costco Payments Online?
If you are purchasing things online on Costco, then the payment procedure using Apple Pay will also be a little different. Here are the steps you need to follow for Costco online purchases.
Use Apple-Pay On The Desktop
Follow these steps if you are using the desktop for Costco Payments using Apple Pay.
- Ensure that you have signed in using your Apple Pay on all devices.
- You need to use an Apple Watch/ iPhone to fulfill your payment.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the Desktop or Laptop you are using for purchasing online.
- Now tap on the Apple Pay button.
- You will confirm your payment similarly to the way you do it in stores. You can choose to use your Face ID, Touch ID, Apple Watch, etc.
Use Apple-Pay On Your iPhone
- Tap on your Apple Pay option and review all the information to verify if they are correct.
- Now, you can proceed to purchase at Costco through Face ID, Apple Watch, Touch ID, etc.
Does Costco Gas Accept Apple-Pay?
Does Costco take Apple Pay? The answer to this question is yes. But if you are asking if Costco accepts Apple Pay at the gas station, then it is going to be a hard pass. Costco Gas does not take Apple Pay.
As of now, you can pay at Costco using Visa Cards, most PIN-based debit cards, or Costco Shop cards. But you cannot expect them to take Apple Pay for gas refilling. Also, they only accept Visa Credit cards for gas refilling at Costco. They do not accept any other debit cards. But, Customers can use other different debit cards for payment at Costco.
Read More: Who Owns Target? Things You Should Know
Costco is undoubtedly one of the most popular retail stores in the USA. They accept different types of payment options, including Apple Pay. So, the answer to your question, “does costco take apple pay” is yes. I hope that you have found the answer to your question. However, if you have any further queries about the same, you can let us know through the comment section.
We will reach out to you as soon as possible.