No matter where you work, the age requirement is above 16. You need to be at least 16 or above to work anywhere. The same goes for Target. So, if you are asking, how old do you have to work at target? The clear answer is 16.
Also, if you want to be a team leader or work at the distribution centers of Target, then you need to be at least 18 years old or older. There are dedicated teams that work with you passionately once you start working at Target.
The company tries to create a healthy environment for its customers. But, as an employee of them, you also need to ensure the same.
How Old Do You Have To Work At Target
There are many questions regarding the hiring age of Target. Do teenagers keep asking, How old do you have to be to work at Target? They also ask – does target hire at 16, or does target hire at 15 or 14? The one true and clear answer is that the target does not hire until you are 16. They do not allow minors to work in Target.
If you are under 16, you will not be able to work at Target. In addition, the company does not allow people aged 15, 14, or below to work at Target.
Once you are done with the interview, the hiring manager usually will correspond within a few days. When you start an entry-level job as an employee, you can expect the regular hour-based wages common in your state. But, the rate will increase once you start your job.
Qualifications For A Job In Target
Target does not necessarily ask you for your high school diploma. You don’t also have to have experience of working at a retail shop. But it will be beneficial if you have retail experience. Good customer service skills can help you land a job at Target quickly.
Having the skill to work with teams will also be helpful for you. So, if you are of age ( not a minor), you can work at Target. There are different positions that you can apply for. Here are the different positions you can aim for.
Different Types Of Jobs At Target
I have provided a clear answer regarding how old you have to be to work at target. Here are the different types of jobs available at Target –
- Cashier: cashiers are the workers who work at the front of the stores. The work they have to do is usually – scanning, helping customers with purchasing, taking payments, and bagging their items.
- Cart Attendants – they have to retrieve the cart from parking lots and do the cleaning and stocking duties. When needed, they also have to bag the items.
- Team Members – Team members of Target have to work inside the store. Cleaning and stocking are two of their works. They might also have to help the customers using their product knowledge. They are also responsible for providing the customers with a great shopping experience. Offering clean store experience and good communication is very important for a job in this role.
How To Apply For Job At Target?
When you are eligible to apply for a job at Target, you may follow the steps mentioned here. But you also have to fulfill some key requirements to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- First, you need to be at least 16 to get a job at Target.
- If you want to work at the Target Distribution Center, then you at least need to be 18.
- You will also need proof of legal authorization to work in a store in the US.
Once you are done with the eligibility side, you can move on to the further requirements for working at target.
What Do You Need To Work At Target?
- You need the Social Security Number.
- Your Permanent address and your contact information are also required.
- The academic background.
- Your past employment experience (if any)
- You need to be ready to start working within 60 days of the correspondence.
So, how long does the application process take?
The application process will hardly take you 15 minutes if you are working at Target. But, if you are quitting, you can pick up your work at any of the distribution centers or any Target store within 96 hours.
They love to keep the work fun and simple and create a good environment for both the shoppers and the workers. If you are of age and you need to earn money, then you can work at Target.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I hope you have found the answers to your queries. Here are some questions and answers that might help you even further.
What Is The Easiest Job At Target?
If you want to do the easiest work at Target, then you should try the position of Cashier. If you are at least 16 years old, you are eligible for the role of a cashier. You have to scan products and help the buyers with the purchase when you are working as a cashier.
What Age Does Walmart Hire?
If you want to work at Walmart or any other store as such, you at least have to be 16 years old. Some other stores also require you to be at least 18 before you work in any of these stores.
How Many Hours Can A 14-Year-Old Work?
Some children aged between 14 to 15 can work for a maximum of 35 hours a week. But, if they are on approved work experience, they can work up to 40 hours. But, until they are of age, most of the big retail stores will not hire them for work. Children under the age of 16 are not ready and eligible to work.
So, the answer to your question – how old do you have to work at target? – is 16. I have also discussed why you need to be 16 to work at target and the process of applying for a position at target.
I think you should not have any difficulty working at a store like this after reading this article. In case you have any further queries, you may ask us questions in the comment section. We will answer you as soon as possible.