How To Change Twitter Username Using Android And iPhone?
Want to know How to change Twitter username? Let’s Dive into the article with us.
The Twitter username above belongs to the famous celebrity Dwayne Johnson, one of the most famous Hollywood stars. The Twitter username is undoubtedly one of the most crucial expressions of someone’s digital appearance.
You don’t have to be a celebrity like The Rock to have a cool username. If you have been using Twitter for some time and you want to change your username, you can do so. But how? How to change your Twitter username?
In this article, I have explained how to change your username on Twitter. If you want to change the username of your Twitter handle, you should follow the steps mentioned in this article.
What Is A Twitter Handle?
When changing your Twitter handle, you must first know what Twitter Handle is. The Twitter handle is the unique identifier of the account. Twitter Handles are used for sending and receiving direct texts. It also helps with mentioning one account in the comment or the tweets. The Twitter handle separates an account from the crowd and makes it appear as distinct as possible amid millions of Users.
Also, two usernames can be different. Twitter intentionally makes it possible for two different usernames to be different. It makes searching easier for people.
But, since Twitter has now changed to X, many think that few things about their Twitter/X username will change. However, according to the X guidelines, your username needs to fulfil the below-mentioned criterias –
- Your username needs to be 4 characters long. Also, it should not be anything more than 15 characters long.
- The username for X or Twitter needs to only have letters, underscores, and numbers. You cannot incorporate anything else.
A tweet is 280 characters long, and the tweeter handles have a limitation of 4 to 15 characters. So when someone is typing something and tagging someone in a tweet, then their handle can get flooded because of a long tweet. So, this results in a tweet having lesser characters left.
The Twitter handle does not necessarily have to be someone’s real name. But, You can have any word as a Twitter handle username. However, you must ensure that you are not violating the terms and conditions of Twitter or X.
Why Should You Change Your Twitter Username?
No, not all of us would want to change our Twitter username because they want to put up a cool username. Aside from changing a bad username to a good username, some of us might also want a fresh start. Many users often complain of having strangers or unwanted users sending them texts; changing their user’s name helps them move on from unwanted Twitter texts while also keeping their old ID.
So, whatever reason there might be, changing the Twitter username is often the only option left to many of the users. So, if you want to change your Twitter username for your reasons, keep reading this article until the end for a complete and clear solution.
After Twitter has been rebranded as X, many people consider changing their usernames to X. Although I have stated some possibilities above, here are some possible reasons why some are considering changing their username.
- Poor Aesthetic
- Unprofessional Username
- Inconsistent With Other Social Media Accounts
Things You Must Keep In Mind
Although you might consider changing your Twitter username, it does not affect a few things.
You must know whatever is mentioned here before you change your X or Twitter username –
- It does not affect the number of following lists or followers you have. Changing the username on X also does not affect your post interactions. You will not lose the number of followers you have amassed.
- If you have a verified Twitter account, changing the username of your Twitter handle will change the status. So, yes, you will have to apply for verification on Twitter.
- Also, if you are going to change the Twitter account username, you must notify your users through text messages or through mentions on Twitter.
- Do you run a business account on Twitter, you have to make sure to change all the places where you put a reference to your Twitter handle. This includes your business website, email signatures, social media channels, and business cards, if you have one.
How To Change Twitter Username?
Whether you are using Twitter on web browsers or on Android, iOS, or tablets, you can use the simple steps mentioned in this article. We have started with the solution for web browsers.
How To Change Twitter Username On Web Browser?
This solution works for whatever browser you are using on your device. Here is how to change your Twitter username on a Web browser –
- First, you have to log in to Twitter using your account credentials, like username and password.
- Now you have to click on the More option.
- Then you have to click on the “Settings and privacy” section.
- Now, you have to go to Your Account, then to Account Information.
- This will prompt you to type in the username and password you had earlier.
- Now, you have to go to Account, then to Account Information. This time you may have to enter your password again.
- Next, click on Username
- Now, edit your username with a new username of your choice.
- Once you are done editing, click on the Save button to Save the changes.
How To Change Twitter Username Using Mobile App?
You can also change your Twitter username using your mobile app. It is quite simple to change your Twitter username using the steps I have provided here.
- First, you have to tap on the profile icon visible at the top. After that, open Settings and Privacy.
- Next, you have to go to Account and then to Username from there.
- Next, tap on the Empty area below the section called New and click on Continue.
- Now, type the new username and tap on the option reading Done to save the changes.
Whether you use Android or iOS, you can follow the steps mentioned above to change the Twitter username on your iOS or your android device. You can either use the web version of Twitter or use the mobile app.
Note: The display name and Twitter username are two different things. The Twitter username refers to the Twitter handle, and you can use playful words, business names, real names, or cryptic words for Twitter usernames. But the Twitter Display name is your own name. When setting up a unique Twitter username, one usually does not have to select their own name.
Here are a few things you should know when changing your Twitter username.
Things To Know Before Changing Your Twitter Username
- A Twitter username must include a minimum of 4 characters. Users can use up to 15 characters on their usernames.
- The usernames can contain an only letter, underscores, and numbers.
- The display name can contain up to 5 0 characters in total.
Also, when you change your Twitter username, you will face some changes in terms of the number of followers you have, direct texts, replies, and more. So, if you want to keep certain followers or all of them, please alert them when you change your username. You can Tweet about the change you are making on your Twitter handle.
Frequently Asked Questions: (FAQs):-
I hope that you have found the answer to your queries. However, if there are any further queries, you can put them down in the comment section.
Ans: Although there are steps to change the Twitter username on the Twitter mobile app, it is not working as of now. The Twitter mobile app no longer supports changing the username. Users have to log in to their Twitter accounts using the web version of the application. You can go to mobile.twitter.com on the web browser and change the Twitter username from there.
Ans: If you want to change the Twitter URL, follow the steps mentioned below –
⦿ First, click on the Settings option on the sidebar menu.
⦿ Go to your account and to Account Information from there.
⦿ Go to the username box and then type the new name.
⦿ Now, click on Done to finish.
Ans: As long as you don’t delete your Twitter Username, it will remain permanent. However, if you deactivate the account and don’t open it for more than 30 days afterward, the account will be deleted. When your account is deleted, the Twitter username will cease to exist. So, whether your Twitter username is permanent or not depends upon how you use it.
How to change your Twitter username? Whether you want to change your username for a better username you just thought about, or because you want to avoid certain people, the methods stated in this article should help.
However, if you have any additional queries related to the same, you can let us know through the comment section below.
Have A Look :-