Everything You Need To Know About Trendyol (Detailed Overview)
So, what is Trendyol?
Trendyol is an e-commerce company that is based in Turkey. Demet Mutlu was the one who founded this company in 2010. Its headquarters is in Istanbul, Turkey. The company has a unique Trendyol Group Structure in which it operates the platform. The company is a private one which is specialized in the retail and fashion sector.
Let’s know more about this company.
Here is the basic information about Trendyol.
|Key People||CEO Management- Averil Wright|
CEO Operation- Bahadir Ayan
CEO Office- Balam Bingui
CEO Analyst- Batuhun Tokinalp
CMO- Erdem Inan
The company started in 2010, and at that time, the company was one of the e-commerce platforms that focused on retail and fashion. The strategy was simple, to build a company that would one day be the largest e-commerce platform in the whole of Turkey.
Trendyol Business Information
Before going into the details, let’s discuss a couple of information about the company.
- First of all, Trendyol provides a seamless e-commerce experience to both sellers and customers.
- There are more than 30 million customers who are associated with this platform.
- If we talk about sellers, then there are around 240,000 sellers.
- Trendyol is the first decacorn in Turkey, and right now, it is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms in the world.
- The platform has already digitalized the sellers, local manufacturers, and participation of women in the production and digital economy.
- The company mainly operates in Turkey and Germany.
- The e-commerce platform has more than 170 million items.
- Trendyol has offices in Istanbul, Amsterdam, Ankara, Berlin, Luxembourg and Izmir.
- The company delivers its products to 27 different European countries.
Trendyol: Reasons For Success
So, what are the reasons that a start-up from Turkey has become one of the largest e-commerce platforms in the world?
- The first thing is that the platform offers affordable and cheap products, so it has gained popularity so easily.
- This is one of the startups that focuses on multi-brand fashion and, at the same time, the fashion online store.
- There are selected categories in the products, and it is called the Trendyol Marketplace.
- There is another focus of the platform, which is on sustainability and circularity. There are already pre-owned goods, and users can trade second-hand products as well.
- There is another reason which is instant delivery. And it is called the Trendyol GO.
- It is also a reliable logistics company which is called Trendyol Express.
At the beginning stage, the company got a fund of $300,000 from Kleiner Perkins and Tiger Global. In 2014, the company got another investment from EBRD. 2018 was the year when Alibaba Group became an investor in Trendyol. After the investment from Alibaba, other companies such as EBRD, Caufield Byers, Kleiner Perkins, and Tiger Global withdrawal their investments.
Alibaba also acquired Trendyol’s 3 international shareholders. In 2021, the company raised a fund of $1.5 billion, and there were so many high-profile investors at that time. At the time of this fundraising, the valuation of the company was $16.5 billion. At the time of this fundraising, there were companies like SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Princeville Capital, Qatar Investment Authority, and ADQ (UAE).
The company raised its fund with a valuation of $16.5 billion and became the first decacorn in Turkey.
Trendyol Group Companies
There are a couple of group companies of Trendyol to look after each and every sector.
- Trendyol Tech
This group is the core of the business, or you can say the research and development center. The Ministry of Industry and Technology approved this in 2019. The platform has expertise in a couple of areas, such as real-time data analysis, native language processing, deep learning, machine learning, data visualization, image processing, big data, and text simulation.
- Trendyol Express
This delivery network was founded in 2018 for smooth and better logistics service.
Dolap is basically there for second-hand trading, and it was founded in 2016. Later, in 2018, Trendyol acquired Dolap. The platform has more than 1.4 million sellers on this platform who actively use this platform.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Here are some interesting questions and answers about Trendyol Turkey that most people ask.
Ans. Trendyol is a Turkey-based company that is an e-commerce platform. The headquarter of this company is in Istanbul, Turkey. There is a Trendyol Group Structure that the company operates. Demet Mutlu was the person who founded this company in 2010. Trendyol is a private company that specializes in the retail and fashion sector.
Ans. Here are the steps that you need to follow when it comes to shopping on Trendyol.
• First, you need to search through departments, like what you really want to buy.
• Now, save the item to your cart. You will get to know every important information regarding the product.
• Next, it is time to fill up the shipping address.
• There are different options for payment, so select the one you are comfortable with.
• Now, confirm your order and place it.
Ans. Trendyol is a Turkish company that was launched in 2010. It is one of the biggest online marketplace or e-commerce platforms in Turkey. The platform claims to have more than 223.70 million visits every month. There are so many products that you will find on this platform. Moreover, the platform focuses on beauty, sportswear, fashion, and electronics products also.
So, who owns Trendyol?
Right now, the main investor of the company is Alibaba, and there is no major share of any person. Secondly, the e-commerce platform is the largest in Turkey and one of the largest in the world. The company has also reached to a valuation of $16.5 billion in only 10 years, so you can understand how good Trendyol has performed in the last and this decade.
If you find this article informative and interesting, feel free to share and give your feedback in the comment section below.